Today’s day and age is ruled by social media. There are not many who do not have access to it. Just like it is smarter to carry a banner in a crowd instead of a couple of people, it would be a waste to not take advantage of a platform that offers you global, non-exclusive reach.
Advertising with the use of social media platforms is basically social media marketing. While it sounds fairly simple, it is an integral part of online marketing, and one of the most effective tools to boost brand awareness.
Around 3.8 billion people around the world use social media. Employing it as a space for marketing techniques thus does not only bring you in touch with a large audience, but allows for one-on-one connection with your target demographic. This makes it a useful platform for engaging with your audience and getting to hear their opinions. That way, you will be able to get a direct response to your offers, marketing approach and performance; which can help you understand your demographic better, and devise strategies more relevant and appealing to them.
Major social media platforms include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
Some of the perks of using social media as a marketing platform include:
– Social media allows the company to listen to the audience it wants to target
– It is an approachable platform to share the brand’s story
– It makes the provision of customer services better and easier
– It helps direct referral traffic
– It provides a useful space for a call to action
– The employment of social media for advertising ensures user-centered content
– It helps boost brand recognition
– Social media marketing provides a targeted approach and enables the brand to employ user-based ads
There are four stages that are involved in the process of Social Media Marketing:
Social media marketing has grown significantly over the past few years. What started out as a place to broadcast content and direct traffic to websites has become a marketing platform in and of itself. Budget-friendly and providing a massive outreach for brands, it would be a waste of opportunity to miss out on a marketing forum that so easily and so strongly connects the brand and its audience.