What is PPC?
Pay per Click, commonly known by its initials PPC, is an advertising method for online marketing. It displays your advertisements in strategic places, & as the name suggests- you have to pay a specified fee only when the ad is clicked on by a visitor.
It is a technique specifically designed to cater to the digital market. It helps businesses establish an online presence & reach their target demographic more efficiently. Conversely to mainstream marketing strategies, it may be described as a means of buying visits to your website. To offer an analogy, it is akin to presenting your audience a door to go through, rather than a banner you wave in front of them in hopes that they would be enticed to enter.
PPC services may be viewed as another of the many methods of personalisation of the digital market. Ads are familiar, & they are typically a trusted source of direction for people towards a product or service. However, PPC one-ups organic advertising through one-click increase in site traffic for the website owner.
Now, remember when we mentioned the payment of a specified fee per click? It is called the cost per click- or the CPC- & can vary depending on the pricing model used by the particular PPC management agency. It can range from costing a few pennies to charging the average $1 to $2, to demanding more than $50 per click. However, the money spent is no real loss, as PPC is most likely to be a profitable investment rather than a loss. A Google report in 2018 found that, for every $1 spent on a Google ad, there was a return of an average of $2 in revenue.
But is it really worth the effort?
Importance of PPC
With traditional advertising, a brand faces a lot of competition for a space to have their voice heard. This is one of the reasons why brands tend to opt for special slots on television for their commercial to air, giving a specific fee. PPC can be seen in its likeness, for it also earns the brand a specified, strategic position for its ad. However, it takes things a step further- with PPC services, your ad will not only be more targeted, but will also not be drowned in a sea of ads from other brands.
To dive into the benefits of PPC real quick, here is a brief list as overview:
- Cost effective: One of the advantages of PPC is that you only have to pay when someone clicks on your ad. This saves you a vast amount of money as compared to traditional advertising platforms. Moreover, the return in sales can greatly surpass your PPC ad budget investment.
- Control of the website owner: Though this may come across as a surprise, PPC can actually be budget-friendly as it affords the brand a lot of control. As the website owner, you can set a budget beforehand, but this is not necessarily irreversible, since you can adjust the budget at any point in time. If you feel that each click is costing you more than you would prefer, you can alter the keywords that are being used to get a lower CPC rate. In fact, if you find that an ad campaign is not doing as well as you would want, you can just turn it off.
- Measurable & easy to track: You can track any goal virtually with the help of the PPC process. This presents the opportunity to measure the results and determine the success of your advertising strategies.
- Target-oriented: PPC helps you reach your target audience, so that you only pay to find exactly who you want to & need to reach. Making use of relevant keywords, demographics & interests, the search engine places your ad where it can benefit your brand the most.
- Instant results: The keywords you bid on are actively being search, which helps get your brand a lead in less than a minute. Though this may not always be the case, PPC ensures that it wouldn’t be too long before your brand’s search engine ranking increases to the top for queries directly related to your products &/or services.
Here at Digicoms, customer satisfaction is our top priority. That is why all our PPC Account Managers are Google certified. Our team will ensure that all your business objectives & desired goals are fulfilled through the PPC advertising campaign. Not only that, they formulate only the best marketing strategies for your company, combining both SEO & PPC services to get even better results.